***2020 Scholarship Program is Closed. Please check back soon for our 2021 Program!***
The WMCCAI Essay/Presentation Contest is open to all high school seniors within the WMCCAI service area. This year’s topic:
Identify an opportunity for your community to be green and provide a detailed program on how you would implement the green initiative.
WMCCAI will grant one award of at least $1,000 for the best overall essay/presentation.
Deadline: July 15, 2020
Essays Coming Soon (November 2020)!
The criteria required to enter includes:
- Completed contest application along with A 500-700 word essay or 90 second media presentation on the topic “Identify an opportunity for your community to improve or implement a green initiative and provide a detailed program for your community.” Your community would include your neighborhood, homeowners association, condominium, or cooperative association.
- A grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- A high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a school counselor, teacher, or community association leader in the community where you reside. (Recommended, not required)
- All applicants must submit a fully completed application form and all necessary statements, documents and references no later than July 15, 2020 via:
- Mail entries to WMCCAI, 7600 Leesburg Pike, Suite 100 West, Falls Church, VA 22043, Attn: Scholarship Program. It must be postmarked by the deadline to be considered.
- Email application and essay/presentation to email@example.com.
- Email application and link to media presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Judges will base their final decision upon:
- Best overall essay/presentation of the essay topic.
- How much detail is provided for the program that would be implemented.
- How realistic the program is.
- Additional points will be awarded for essays/presentations that have been submitted to a community leader and the community leader’s written feedback is submitted.
Scholarship materials need to be submitted to WMCCAI no later than July 15, 2020.
WMCCAI will grant one or more awards of at least $1,000 for the best overall essay(s). The award winner will be announced within 60 days after the application deadline, displayed in the Quorum magazine and on CAI’s website.
All submissions become property of WMCCAI and may be printed in the chapter’s magazine, Quorum and/or posted to WMCCAI’s website and social media sites.
Previous winners have represented a variety of public and private schools from both Maryland and Virginia. Past winning scholarships have been at least $1,000, but the total scholarship amount awarded each year varies and is based on the generosity of the sponsors and the WMCCAI members who participate.
One common question received is whether a graduating high school senior could still apply even if they don’t live in a homeowners association, condominium, or cooperative. The answer is yes! All graduating high school seniors who submit the required materials for the Scholarship Contest will be considered.
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors:
Interested in Sponsoring the 2020 Scholarship Contest?
Help WMCCAI grant a high school senior with a scholarship award of $1,000 (or more)* for submitting the best overall essay or media presentation!
$250 Scholarship Contest Sponsorships are still available! Please contact Liz Schell at email@example.com for more information. Or, click below for more information.