Want to Donate to the Scholarship?
You can now donate online to the Scholarship Program!
Click the button below, and donate any amount.
The WMCCAI Essay/Presentation Contest is open to all high school seniors within the WMCCAI service area. This year’s topic:
Identify an opportunity for your community to be green and provide a detailed program on how you would implement the green initiative.
WMCCAI will grant one award of at least $1,000 for the best overall essay/presentation.
Deadline: April 15, 2020
The criteria required to enter includes:
- Completed contest application along with A 500-700 word essay or 90 second media presentation on the topic “Identify an opportunity for your community to improve or implement a green initiative and provide a detailed program for your community.” Your community would include your neighborhood, homeowners association, condominium, or cooperative association.
- A grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- A high school transcript
- A letter of recommendation from a school counselor, teacher, or community association leader in the community where you reside. (Recommended, not required)
- All applicants must submit a fully completed application form and all necessary statements, documents and references no later than April 15, 2020 via:
- Mail entries to WMCCAI, 7600 Leesburg Pike, Suite 100 West, Falls Church, VA 22043, Attn: Scholarship Program. It must be postmarked by the deadline to be considered.
- Email application and essay/presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email application and link to media presentation to email@example.com.
Judges will base their final decision upon:
- Best overall essay/presentation of the essay topic.
- How much detail is provided for the program that would be implemented.
- How realistic the program is.
- Additional points will be awarded for essays/presentations that have been submitted to a community leader and the community leader’s written feedback is submitted.
Scholarship materials need to be submitted to WMCCAI no later than April 15, 2020.
All submissions become property of WMCCAI and may be printed in the chapter’s magazine, Quorum and/or posted to WMCCAI’s website and social media sites.
Previous winners have represented a variety of public and private schools from both Maryland and Virginia. Past winning scholarships have been at least $1,000, but the total scholarship amount awarded each year varies and is based on the generosity of the sponsors and the WMCCAI members who participate.
One common question received is whether a graduating high school senior could still apply even if they don’t live in a homeowners association, condominium, or cooperative. The answer is yes! All graduating high school seniors who submit the required materials for the Scholarship Contest will be considered.
Thank you to our sponsors:
Interested in Sponsoring the 2020 Scholarship Contest?
Help WMCCAI grant a high school senior with a scholarship award of $1,000 (or more)* for submitting the best overall essay or media presentation!
$250 Scholarship Contest Sponsorships are still available! Please contact Liz Schell at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Or, click below for more information.