WE NEED YOU! WMCCAI's educational programs depend on the knowledge, experience, and innovation of our members. You are the experts - share your expertise by leading an education session!
Education is a key mission of the chapter, and you can be a part of it! Equip our members with the knowledge and skills they need to tackle the many challenges that professionals in this industry face every day. Being a part of WMCCAI’s educational mission is a rewarding experience that will give you the opportunity to share your expertise and vision with leaders while increasing your visibility in the community association industry.
Proposals for educational speaking opportunities are reviewed all year. We welcome new submissions at any time.
We request that submissions be formatted for presentation in person as well as virtual platform training. Strong proposals will focus tightly on specific relevant content and include opportunities for attendee engagement.
We are looking for interactive, discussion-based, and innovative delivery styles. Case studies, hands-on, on-site property sessions are encouraged.
- WMCCAI Education Speaker/Presenter Agreement, click here to review.
- Applications must be completed through the online form, which includes: the title of your presentation, short description of the program you would like to present, name(s) and short bio(s) of speaker(s). You do not need to submit an agenda or slide deck at this time.
- No more than three proposals per individual may be submitted in any 12-month period.
- Each proposed instructor must be available on the agreed upon presentation date.
- Presentations that market specific products and/or services will not be approved. Presenters who violate the spirit of this or other policies may be precluded from participating in future programs. Presenters may sponsor the program at which they are presenting, but this does not influence the selection of speakers. Presenters do not have approval rights over program sponsors.
- The Chapter does not pay speakers, nor does it pay or reimburse travel expenses of program speakers, but those expenses may be sponsored.
- Take-away handouts are encouraged but not required. Presenters are permitted to reproduce handouts on company letterhead. Handouts must be pre-approved by the chapter in advance of the program. Presenters are responsible for printing handouts, if applicable, at no expense to the chapter.
Resources for Speakers
Chapter PowerPoint Template
All PowerPoint presentations for chapter education programs and webinars are required to use this template.
Conference and Expo presentations will use a special template which will be posted here in January 2024.
Tips for Speakers
Check out this document with 20 Time -Tested Tips, Tricks & Techniques to Captivate your Crowd for help in preparing your best presentation. Thank you to the Keystone Chapter of CAI for this resource.
Free Presentation Training for Speakers
Take advantage of FREE articles, tips and videos to enhance your presentation skills from Business Training Works.