Countdown to Conference & Expo 2020
Washington Metropolitan Chapter of Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI) has expanded the 2020 Conference & Expo by adding pre-conference trainings and partnering with the Central Virginia (CVA-CAI) and Chesapeake (CAIMDCHES) Chapters of CAI. The event will take place February 21 – 22, 2020 at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C. The theme of the event is Evolution 2020: Focus on the Future.
WMCCAI’s Conference & Expo is the largest gathering of community association professionals in the D.C. Metro Area and is the largest event across CAI chapters worldwide.
New in 2020, the conference will feature pre-conference trainings on Friday, February 21. These sessions will be developed to provide senior level community association managers the higher level education needed to continue their industry education and maintain professional certifications. As in the past, 15 education sessions will be offered to all conference attendees on Saturday, February 22.
“WMCCAI is excited about partnering with the Chesapeake and Central Virginia Chapters to create a multi-chapter event that focuses on expanded educational opportunities for seasoned managers and PCAM’s, ” says Rafael Martinez, CTP, 2019 President, WMCCAI. “We’ve heard our members loud and clear and we feel that by leveraging each Chapter’s resources, this will make our pre-conference education day a resounding success! We’re thankful to the leadership of the three Chapters for buying into this joint vision that will ultimately benefit all members. As Chapter leaders, we’re always looking for ways to keep our members engaged with relevant programs and events. Creating this multi-chapter event, we are providing educational content that is in high-demand and by hosting it in a centralized location (Washington D.C.), it is accessible for all those looking to attend.”
“We are very excited to be offering managers a quality learning opportunity jointly with our fellow Chapters. Education is an essential and indispensable need to compete in today’s market”, says Camille Cimino, Executive Director, Chesapeake Region Chapter of CAI.
“The Central Virginia Chapter of CAI is excited to partner with the Washington Metro and Chesapeake Chapters for the 2020 Conference & Expo. We believe this will be great exposure for our chapter members and will give them even more networking opportunities. We look forward to an amazing conference and are excited to focus on the future,” says Ashley Ewell, CMCA, 2019 President-Elect and 2020 President, Central VA Chapter of CAI.
Exhibitors can purchase booths now online at www.caidc.org/conference-expo and sponsorships are also available. Attendee registration opens in mid-September 2019.
WMCCAI’s Conference & Expo is held annually and attended by over 2,100 members and non-members of CAI. The Expo Hall boosts more than 200 booths with over 190 exhibiting companies. Education sessions are offered by homeowners, community association managers, and business partners.
Schedule at a Glance
***Times Subject to Change***
Friday, February 21, 2020 – NEW ½ day of Education
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Exhibitor Move-in
- 12:30 p.m. – Registration Opens
- 1 – 5:30 p.m. – Education Seminars
Saturday, February 22, 2020 – Exhibits and Education
- 8 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. – Expo Hall Open
- 8 a.m. – Registration Opens
- 8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Education Seminars
- 10 – 11 a.m. – Education Seminars
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – Lunch available
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Education Sessions
- 2:45 p.m. – Grand Prize Drawings in Expo Hall
- 3:30 p.m. – Event Ends – Expo Hall Closes
Why Should You Exhibit?
- WMCCAI’s Conference & Expo is the largest event of its kind for the community association industry in the Washington metro area, attract nearly 2,200 industry leaders and management company executives and we predict an even larger attendance for 2020.
- Visit with key decision-makers from communities in the region including community board members, portfolio managers, on-site managers, management company executives, and more!
- Benefit from extensive event marketing throughout the Washington metro area.
- Increase visibility for your company on the chapter website, caidc.org.
- Showcase your products and services to the Washington metro area’s community association industry.
- Take advantage of the ability to renew contacts and reach potential clients in one day.
- WMCCAI has more than 3,300 members including 300+ businesses, 1,100 professional managers from 85 management companies, and more than 1,500 homeowners in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
- WMCCAI is the largest of Community Associations Institute’s 62 U.S. and international chapters.
Exhibitor Benefits Include:
- *NEW FOR 2020* ER Lead Mobile Retrieval App is now available as an Exhibitor benefit, assisting with lead retrieval — scan leads directly with their Apple or Android smartphones or tablet!
- Company listing in the 2020 WMCCAI Resource Guide highlighting your products and services to help prospective clients find you at the show and contact you afterward. *
- Inclusion in Quorum magazine (base circulation of 3,300).*
- Five complimentary passes to invite clients and prospects to Conference & Expo.
- A pre-show attendee registration mailing list (no emails).
- A complete attendee mailing address list (no emails) to simplify and expedite your post-show follow-up (List provided after the show via e-mail to those exhibitors who return a completed 2020 WMCCAI Conference & Expo evaluation form).
- Registration for four (4) exhibitor representatives that includes continental breakfast, lunch, and access to all education sessions.
- Complimentary freight handling during scheduled move-in and move-out times.
- Twenty-four hour booth security.
- Complimentary booth furnishing and carpeting.
*Depending on commitment date
CLICK HERE to VIEW the available booth spaces. Exhibitors: this link is for reference only. The booths that show as “unavailable” are available for purchase.
List of Exhibitors
CLICK HERE to VIEW the list of exhibitors.
Hotel & Travel
The Walter E. Washington Convention Center is located at 801 Mt. Vernon Place, MW, Washington, DC. The convention center is accessible by Metro (Yellow/Green line: Mt Vernon Sq/7th Street-Convention Center station). Parking is available in the surrounding areas; a parking map is available on the Convention Center’s website (Click here).
Hotel reservations can be made at the Marriott Marquis. Cost per room is $173. Reservations can be made starting June 27, 2019 at this web address below:
(Click here for Marriott Marquis Conference Room Block)
If interested, hotel reservations can also be made at the Residence Inn (DC Downtown) using the below link. Room rate is $159 per night.
(Click here for Residence Inn Conference Group Room Block)
Questions? Please contact email@example.com.
We recommend booking convenient and affordable parking in advance through SpotHero, the nation’s leading parking reservation app.
To reserve your parking spot for the WMCCAI Conference & Expo, visit the Washington Convention Center SpotHero Parking Page and book a spot with rates up to 50% off drive-up.
New to SpotHero? Click here to download the SpotHero app!
WMCCAI Conference & Expo FAQs
When is the 2020 Conference & Expo? The 2020 event is Friday, February 21st and Saturday, February 22, 2020.
What are the show hours? Conference & Expo opens on Saturday, February 22 at 8 am and ends at 3:30 pm. The Expo Hall is open the entire time and education sessions occur throughout the day. Stay tuned for further information regarding the expanded 2-day format of an additional half day of Friday educational sessions (coming soon!).
Where is the event held? The 2020 Conference & Expo is located in Hall C at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
How do I register? Register online (Coming mid-September! Stay tuned!). If you need to pay by check, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
I am interested in exhibiting at the Expo. How do I reserve a booth? To purchase a booth, click here. You will need your CAI membership number, if you are a member of WMCCAI. If not, click non-member to proceed. Once booths are sold out, if you would like to be placed on the waiting list, please email email@example.com.
I am an attendee; where can I see a list of exhibitors? Click here for the online floorplan and to see the list of who is exhibiting.
What education sessions are being offered? Visit www.caidc.org/conference-expo for the full list of education sessions scheduled for the 2020 Conference & Expo.
2020 Conference & Expo Sponsorships
View below the 2020 Conference & Expo sponsorships still available for purchase.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Charging Station Sponsor
- Your company’s logo/name featured on the mobile device charging station
Table Sponsor*4 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company’s logo/name featured on five tables in the dining area.
- Opportunity to provide promotional materials at the table.
Grand Aisle Sign Sponsor*Exclusive Sponsorship
- Your company’s logo/name featured on the large main aisle sign.
Aisle Sign Sponsor*4 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company’s logo/name featured on the two aisle signs.
Lunch Sponsor*4 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company’s logo/name featured at all lunch stations.
Coffee Sponsor*3 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company’s logo/name featured at all coffee stations on cup sleeves and signage at all coffee carts.
Education Sessions Sponsor*4 Sponsorships Still Available
- NEW for 2020! Two days of promotional opportunities!
- Friday Sessions: Opportunity to provide promotional materials to include in swag bag for all session attendees. Your company logo/name on signage in all session rooms and PowerPoint Presentations.
- Saturday Sessions: Your company name/logo on signage and PowerPoint in assigned session pod on exhibit floor. Opportunity to introduce each session in your assigned pod. Opportunity to provide promotional items to session attendees.
Conference Bag Inserts Sponsor*Unlimited Sponsorships Available
- Opportunity to provide company’s promotional materials to be placed in the conference bag provided to all attendees.
Photography & Headshot Lounge Sponsor2 available (or, Exclusive for $4,000)
- NEW for 2020! The Headshot Lounge is a 10 x 20/30 space with a makeup artist and photographer taking professional headshots of attendees on site. High resolution images are then sent to participants for their use.
- Sponsorship Benefits: Your company name/logo on signage at the lounge and on the digital photo frame for iPad pictures taken around the exhibit hall.
- Opportunity to greet and mingle with attendees at the Lounge.
- Opportunity to provide your company’s logo attire for photographer to wear.
- Your company name/logo on emails sent immediately with the photo and on email follow up 2 weeks post conference.
- *Only if purchased as exclusive sponsorship at $4,000
Notepads Sponsor*3 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company name/logo featured on notepads provided to all attendees in the conference bag.
Traffic Builder Game Sponsor*25 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company name/logo and booth number featured on traffic builder game provided to all attendees with the Resource Guide.
Recycling/Disposal Sponsor*2 Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company name/logo featured on trash/recycling receptacles throughout the exhibit hall.
WiFi & App Sponsor*Exclusive Sponsorship
- Your company name/logo featured on WiFi & app provided to all attendees.
- Opportunity to provide digital banner artwork.
- Your company’s name will be the WiFi access code.
You Are Here Maps Sponsor*Two Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company name/logo appears on the You Are Here maps placed in the exhibit hall with a floor plan and a list of exhibiting companies to help attendees navigate the floor
Info Booth Sponsor*Two Sponsorships Still Available
- Your company name/logo featured on booth signage.