*Submission Deadline is September 17, 2021!*
We need experts to be a part of our 2022 education initiatives, giving our members the knowledge and skills, they need to be better managers, board members, and industry professionals! The WMCCAI Education Committee issues the Call for Presentations annually in planning the Chapter’s educational program for the coming year. As we are planning to host 2022 education sessions as hybrid sessions, we request that submissions be formatted for presentation in person as well as virtual platform training. Strong proposals will focus tightly on specific relevant content and include opportunities for attendee engagement. More details are provided below.
Why You Should Submit a Proposal
- Share your skills, experiences, and vision with leaders.
- Increase your visibility; gain recognition and distinction within the community association industry.
- Participate in a unique forum that brings community association professionals, service providers, and homeowners together.
- Play a part in improving community association living and promote the professionalism of those serving community associations.
Session Attendees Have Shown an Interest in the Following Content Focus Areas
- Budgeting, financial statement components and analysis, reserves, capital project planning and funding, audit process and reports.
- Insurance requirements, claims, risk/liability reduction best practices, understanding insurance proposals, funding.
- Case law and court decisions, compliance with state and federal laws; assessment collection/delinquencies, covenants enforcement, human resources/personnel management, board of directors’ roles/responsibilities.
- Contracting, project planning, preventive maintenance, environmental concerns, landscaping strategies, EV charging stations, building exterior and parking garage maintenance and waterproofing.
- Projecting a professional image, public speaking skills, writing appropriately and effectively; email etiquette, managing stress, achieving work/life balance; recruiting and maintaining staff, handling adversarial situations and conflict.
- If you feel you have a topic of potential interest to WMCCAI attendees that is not listed above: please specify the focus area you are proposing and why it is especially relevant.
We are looking to equip our members with the knowledge and skills they need to tackle the many challenges that professionals in this industry face every day. Being a part of WMCCAI’s educational mission is a rewarding experience that will give you the opportunity to share your expertise and vision with leaders while increasing your visibility in the community association industry.
As we build the 2022 education program, we are looking for presentations for all experience levels, for all of our members.
Submission on any of these topics, or your own unique ideas, may be submitted through September 3, 2021.
- Applications must be completed through the online form.
- No more than three proposals per individual may be submitted.
- Each proposed instructor must complete and submit the online form.
- Each proposed instructor must be available on the agreed upon presentation date.
- Each proposed instructor must provide a biography (resume, CV, or company web page are NOT acceptable).
- Applications cannot be submitted after the deadline.
- Applicants will receive an update in Fall 2021 regarding the status of their proposal.