***Submission Deadline Extended to August 31, 2019!***
We need experts to be a part of our 2020 education initiatives, giving our members the knowledge and skills they need to be better managers, board members, and industry professionals! The Education Committee has developed a Designated Topic strategy to provide a more targeted approach to its educational offerings. The initial list appears below with more to follow! Of course, there are going to be relevant topics that aren’t on the list and we welcome those submissions as well. We seek passionate, engaging speakers whose expertise with their subject matter will provoke discussion, debate and a better understanding of the issues the industry is facing.
Why You Should Submit a Proposal
- Share your skills, experiences, and vision with leaders.
- Increase your visibility; gain recognition and distinction within the community association industry.
- Participate in a unique forum that brings community association professionals, service providers, and homeowners together.
- Play a part in improving community association living and promote the professionalism of those serving community associations.
Session Attendees Have Shown an Interest in the Following Topics
Budgeting & Financial Reporting
- Accounting Principles & Financial Statement Components
- Financial Statement Analysis and Production of Variance Reports
- The Association Audit Process
- Reserve Calculations & Budget Development
- Reserve Study Procedures and Reporting Methodologies
- Understanding Contracts: Language, Administration and Enforcement
- Managing the Community’s Online Image
- Branding the Community
- Battling the Keyboard Warriors – How to Handle Negative Online Posts
Professionalism & Career Development
- Image Matters
- Communications & Presentations
- Setting Boundaries & Expectations
- Creating a Positive Work Environment for Staff and Volunteer Leaders
- Management Metrics: Assessing Management Company, Manager, and Board of Director Performance
Human Resources Management
- Employment and Personnel Law in DC, MD and VA
- Building the A Team: Effective Strategies for Hiring, Managing & Retaining Staff
- Prevent Burnout: Find Your Work-Life Harmony
- Using Technology as a Management Tool
- Technology in Communities – Pros and Cons
We are looking to equip our members with the knowledge and skills they need to tackle the many challenges that professionals in this industry face every day. Being a part of WMCCAI’s educational mission is a rewarding experience that will give you the opportunity to share your expertise and vision with leaders while increasing your visibility in the community association industry.
As we build the 2020 education program, we are looking for presentations for all experience levels, for all of our members (manager, homeowner, business partners), entry level, experienced and PCAM level managers.
Submission on any of these topics, or your own unique ideas, may be submitted through August 15, 2019.
- Applications must be completed through the online form.
- No more than three proposals per individual may be submitted.
- Each proposed instructor must complete and submit the online form.
- Each proposed instructor must be available on the agreed upon presentation date.
- Each proposed instructor must provide a biography (resume, CV, or company web page are NOT acceptable).
- Applications cannot be submitted after the deadline.
- Applicants will receive an update in Fall 2019 regarding the status of their proposal.