Join your fellow WMCCAI members as we launch a mask-sewing contest! The contest will involve chapter members sewing cloth face masks to be donated to two of our charitable partners, the local Ronald McDonald House and Stillbrave. The member who makes and donates the most masks will receive a Visa gift card prize and bragging rights!
The contest runs July 22 – October 31, 2020. Participants have until midnight on Saturday, October 31 to turn their mask donations in. Donation boxes will be set up at one Virginia location, one Maryland location and one will be available at the 2020 WMCCAI Golf Classic event on October 16.
A Zoom masking-making party was held in August which included a mask-making tutorial. If you missed it, don’t worry! Check out the “On Demand” video below!
Did you miss our Virtual Mask Sewing Party? No problem! You can watch all the fun + check out the mask sewing demonstration courtesy of James Kelley from DMA Reserves On-Demand now!
- Using your own creativity, create your own face mask.
- Place completed mask in a sealed Ziploc bag labeled with your name, quantity of masks and contact information (email and phone #).
- Post and share a photo of your completed masks on social media and include the hashtags #wmccai and #masksewingcontest
- Drop off your masks at one of the designated donation drop-off boxes listed below.
- Members are asked to create and sew cloth face masks to be donated to our two charitable partners, Ronald McDonald House and Stillbrave.
- Only masks sewn by chapter members and their “recruits” (spouses, family members, etc.) will be eligible to enter the contest, although all masks are welcome and will be generously donated.
- Participants may purchase pre-made masks for donation, but those will not be eligible as an entry into the contest.
- The member who donates the most masks will receive a Visa gift card prize and bragging rights!
- Questions? Email email@example.com.
Mask Donations Benefiting:
Donation Drop-off Locations
SYCORP USA, Inc. d/b/a CertaPro Painters of Arlington
6201 Leesburg Pike Suite 310
Falls Church, VA 22044
Park in the SOUTH ENTRANCE (rear of the building)
Office open Tuesday – Friday from 9am – 3pm
18310 Montgomery Village Avenue Suite 510
Gaithersburg, MD 20879