Event Manager - WMCCAI
Annual events and meetings include Conference & Expo, golf tournament, formal awards event, networking events, and large annual meetings. The events range in size from 60 to over 2,000 attendees, all taking place in the DC Metro area.
The Event Manager works with committees to plan events, manages outsourced vendors and contractors, coordinates marketing plans, provides reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors for financial tracking of events, and is the lead staff member for all chapter event planning. Additionally, the Event Manager leads the registration processes for all chapter programs as well as develops and solicits sponsors for chapter events.
Education and Background: Five years professional experience with three years of responsibility within event management, especially with high interaction with members and volunteers. Professional designation (CMP, CEM, CSEP, CAE, etc.) is desired.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate has/is:
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Innovation and creativity are essential.
- Great organizational and time management skills to manage multiple overlapping projects with a high attention to detail; ability to prioritize and delegate tasks when appropriate.
- Sense of urgency to get tasks done in a timely manner.
- Comfortable using technology; Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, registration software suites (currently using EventsAir), and virtual streaming platforms (currently using Zoom).
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist members with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Understanding of legal issues associated with events including contract language, ADA, and permits.
- Collaborative approach to committee leadership and coordination
Salary Information: Annual salary range is $65,00 – $70,000. Salary is based on experience with events and the range of that experience.
- Medical and Dental Insurance paid for employees at 100%
- Vision Insurance is available; paid by the employee
- 401K available; 5% annual match
- Flexible work environment
- 15 Paid Holidays for Major US Holidays
- Sick and Earned PTO
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.