Welcome to the insider’s source for community association employment within the Washington metropolitan area.
If you are seeking local talent in the community association industry, you’ve come to the right place. List your job opening with WMCCAI and find your next superstar employee. Online postings are easy to set up. Simply click on the link below to access the online form. Please complete the form and submit your position. Positions are listed for 30 day. Upgrade your listing to reach even more candidates by having your listing placed in Quorum magazine, which reaches approximately 3,200 industry professionals.
PLEASE NOTE: Job Bank job post listing prices will increase, beginning August 1, 2019.
New rates are noted below.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Listing ($50):
*NEW RATE: $75 (beginning 8/1/2019)
- Job listing online for 30 days
Premium Listing ($100):
*NEW RATE: $125 (beginning 8/1/2019)
- Highlighted Job listing online for 30 days
- Job listed in Quorum magazine
Click here to POST YOUR JOB
Onsite General Manager (National Realty Partners, LLC)
National Realty Partners has an immediate need for and experienced onsite General Manager for an upscale, well located, Condominium Association in Fairfax. This 160 unit condominium is located across the street from a Metro Station and offers wonderful amenities. The right candidate for this position will have at least three years experience as an onsite condominium association manager. In addition, the right candidate will have experience managing an onsite team and be a licensed CIC Manager.
The Community Manager (CM) is the principal on-site administrator and is responsible for the daily operation of the community pursuant to the policies and procedures established by the Board of Directors or the Associations’ Governing Documents. The CM may not change policies but may recommend changes in policy to the Board of Directors and the Portfolio Manager, who may enact changes subject to Board approval. The CM will communicate and consult on a regular basis with the Portfolio Manager.
All work and contractor-related instructions from the Board will be coordinated through the Portfolio Manager and the CM. However, the Board President may request administrative support or information directly from the CM.
Specific duties of the On-Site Manager shall include, but may not be limited too;
1. Supervise all subordinate on site staff. Hiring and employment termination decisions shall be made in conjunction with the Portfolio Manager, the Association’s Board of Directors and Director of Human Resources.
2. Supervise all routine service requests. This includes ensuring proper receipt and handling of calls from residents, notifying and consulting with the Portfolio Manager regarding major concerns on a timely basis and ensuring prompt response to all maintenance requests, especially those called in by residents.
3. Establish (if needed), maintain and supervise NRP approved on-site Purchase Order procedures.
4. Work with Portfolio Manager to create the associations’ operating Budget. Manage the association’s contracts, maintenance expenses and operational expenses within the confines of the Board approved operating Budget. Any expenses not included within the approved Budget must have Board approval prior to expenditures taking place, with the exception of emergency situations as outlined in the management contract.
5. Update, as needed, and ensure the accuracy and completeness of the association’s annual Administrative Calendar.
6. Provide the Board and NRP Corporate Staff with such administrative assistance as requested.
7. Inform staff and maintain records regarding payroll time sheets, and employment related benefits. Conduct annual employee evaluations.
8. Prepare RFP and SOW to solicit proposals; obtain appropriate approvals or permissions for services to be purchased, code invoices for payment (as outlined by accounting procedures) in a timely manner.
9. Ensure all state documentation, to include Certificate of Annual Report and other DPOR requirements, are completed accurately and timely.
10. Annually update insurance documentation for the association and those vendors performing work on behalf of the association.
11. Ensure compliance for all federal, state, local laws and regulations for both the association and vendors performing work on behalf of the association, to include OSHA requirements.
12. Routinely (weekly) inspect all common area facilities and grounds. Maintain a log of inspections. Make recommendations to the Board and Portfolio Manager concerning aesthetic and safety concerns.
13. Interact with various Board approved committees regarding objectives, goals, concerns and established procedures (as outlined in the association’s governing documents and Committee Charters).
14. Monitor and ensure the association’s insurance requirements are in force and meet established guidelines for mandatory coverage.
15. Attend monthly Board meetings and present CM report, attend special meetings when necessary.
16. Responsible for key control.
17. Maintain current (updated monthly if necessary) master vendor and contract list.
18. Coordinate and perform resale inspections. All inspection results will be reported to NRP’s Resale Department.
19. Perform pool inspections (if applicable).
20. On-Call 24 hours a day for emergencies.
21. Strictly adhere to all company policies (as outlined in the employee handbook), and all local, state and federal laws.
22. Perform other duties as assigned.
APPEARANCE AND PERSONALITY:
Must project a professional image to all persons. A pleasant, polite and courteous manner should be maintained at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of and minimum two (2) years working experience in:
1. Business administration 2. Business operations (general) 3. Mechanical and structural maintenance (knowledge of terms and an exposure to fundamentals of mechanics and construction in order to work with vendors, construction contractors, service contractors, etc.) 4. Fiscal, budgetary, and purchasing management 5. Direct supervisory experience 6. Oral and written presentation skills and report presentation 7. Able to fully utilize Microsoft Office products (to include Word, Excel)
Company: National Realty Partners
Location: Oakton, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: CIC Management
Job Level: Management
Salary: NRP pays for attitude, skill and knowledge…if you’ve got game, we’ll talk.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent. CMCA required, PCAM preferred.
Posted: December 2, 2020