Welcome to the insider’s source for community association employment within the Washington metropolitan area.
If you are seeking local talent in the community association industry, you’ve come to the right place. List your job opening with WMCCAI and find your next superstar employee. Online postings are easy to set up. Simply click on the link below to access the online form. Please complete the form and submit your position. Positions are listed for 30 day. Upgrade your listing to reach even more candidates by having your listing placed in Quorum magazine, which reaches approximately 3,200 industry professionals.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Listing ($75):
- Job listing online for 30 days
Premium Listing ($125):
- Highlighted Job listing online for 30 days
- Job listed in Quorum magazine
Click here to POST YOUR JOB
If you are seeking employment or looking for a new career within the community association industry be sure to check the WMCCAI Job Bank frequently.
Event Manager - WMCCAI
Event management position available at a regional trade and membership association in Falls Church, VA. This position has high visibility to the members and leadership with the responsibility of a large percentage of annual revenue. The Event Manager position is a fast-paced position as there is always at least one event in the planning stages and often more than one. Collaborating with other staff and chapter leaders is a key element of the job.
Annual events and meetings include Conference & Expo, golf tournament, formal awards event, networking events, and large annual meetings. The events range in size from 60 to over 2,000 attendees, all taking place in the DC Metro area.
The Event Manager works with committees to plan events, manages outsourced vendors and contractors, coordinates marketing plans, provides reports to Executive Director and Board of Directors for financial tracking of events, and is the lead staff member for all chapter event planning. Additionally, the Event Manager leads the registration processes for all chapter programs as well as develops and solicits sponsors for chapter events.
Education and Background: Five years professional experience with three years of responsibility within event management, especially with high interaction with members and volunteers. Professional designation (CMP, CEM, CSEP, CAE, etc.) is desired.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate has/is:
- Strong communication skills, verbally and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Innovation and creativity are essential.
- Great organizational and time management skills to manage multiple overlapping projects with a high attention to detail; ability to prioritize and delegate tasks when appropriate.
- Sense of urgency to get tasks done in a timely manner.
- Comfortable using technology; Proficient with Microsoft Office 365, registration software suites (currently using EventsAir), virtual streaming platforms (currently using Zoom).
- Creative and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respond to problems and to assist members with a calm, courteous, and helpful manner and attitude.
- Understanding of legal issues associated with events including contract language, ADA, and permits.
- Collaborative approach to committee leadership and coordination
Salary Information: Annual salary range is $65,00 – $70,000. Salary is based on experience with events and the range of that experience.
- Medical and Dental Insurance paid for employee at 100%
- Vision Insurance available; paid by employee
- 401K available; 5% annual match
- Flexible work environment
- 15 Paid Holidays for Major US Holidays
- Sick and Earned PTO
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
General Manager - Crystal Park Condominium
Click Here To View Full Job Description
Job Type: Full-time
Location: 1805 Crystal Drive, Arlington, VA
Job Level: Management
Required Travel: None
Apply today by emailing your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org