Welcome to the insider’s source for community association employment within the Washington metropolitan area.
If you are seeking local talent in the community association industry, you’ve come to the right place. List your job opening with WMCCAI and find your next superstar employee. Online postings are easy to set up. Simply click on the link below to access the online form. Please complete the form and submit your position. Positions are listed for 30 day. Upgrade your listing to reach even more candidates by having your listing placed in Quorum magazine, which reaches approximately 3,200 industry professionals.
PLEASE NOTE: Job Bank job post listing prices will increase, beginning August 1, 2019.
New rates are noted below.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Basic Listing ($50):
*NEW RATE: $75 (beginning 8/1/2019)
- Job listing online for 30 days
Premium Listing ($100):
*NEW RATE: $125 (beginning 8/1/2019)
- Highlighted Job listing online for 30 days
- Job listed in Quorum magazine
Click here to POST YOUR JOB
Assistant General Manager (Gateway Georgetown Condominium)
The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is responsible for directing the daily operations of the Condominium, assuring that assignments are carried out in an efficient and timely manner. The ideal candidate should be passionate with a focus on excellent customer service and leadership.
Critical skills include excellent organization, problem solving, oral and written communication abilities and a strong working knowledge of residential building management. The candidate should have experience with various administrative duties and staff supervision. The candidate should have a strong sense of confidence and assertiveness.
Additional Duties & responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Supervise, motivate and lead staff members, particularly at the front desk and porter positions.
• Identify potential deficiencies / areas for improvement and make recommendations accordingly.
• Provide exceptional customer service and regularly identify ways to improve the level of service and efficiency of operations.
• Assists in the training and professional development of all property staff.
• Creates a positive, welcoming, supportive environment for residents, visitors, contractors and staff.
• Assist in payroll preparation, monthly accounts receivable records, credit card reconciliation and ancillary income records.
• Submits routine, accurate and complete reports as required.
• Maintains building security measures, ensuring proper incident documentation and notification to management and residents.
• Participate in after hours on call rotation for emergencies.
• Responsible for maintenance and audits of in-house file audits, both paper and electronic.
• Assist in delinquency collection efforts.
• Assist with new resident orientation, move ins and completing required forms.
• Enforce rules and ensure established procedures are followed.
Minimum 3 years of on-site residential building management experience is required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Professional credentials such as CMCA, AMS & PCAM are a plus as well as experience with BuildingLink and financial software.
Excellent, competitive salary package including health insurance (100% employer paid), dental, personal / sick / vacation leave and all Federal Holidays off.
Company: Gateway Georgetown Condominium
Location: 2500 Q St NW Washington, DC
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Mid-Career
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000
Posted: October 9, 2019
Submit your resume along with a cover letter specific to Gateway Georgetown via email to Aaron Rosenberg, GM at GeneralManager@GatewayGeorgetown.org
Maintenance Technician (Fairlington Villages)
Luxury Town Home condo in Arlington seeks Maintenance Technician. Position requires working knowledge of the standard trades, with an expertise in at least one; knowledge of standard residential maintenance and repair; ability to receive, interpret and follow instructions and work independently. Must possess valid Driver’s License, reliable transportation, written and spoken proficiency in English & proof of employment eligibility. Mandatory back-ground and drug screening. If you’re honest, a team player, dependable, possess a good work ethic and looking for an excellent opportunity with fantastic benefits, submit your resume and cove letter to Miguel Galvez, Facilities Manager, email@example.com.
Company: Fairlington Villages
Location: Arlington, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Maintenance
Minimum Education: GED
Salary: $19.50 per hour
Posted: October 3, 2019
Please submit your resume and cove letter to Miguel Galvez, Facilities Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance Manager (Community Management Corporation (CMC))
Maintenance managers are responsible for an organization or facility’s overall maintenance, which includes ensuring that equipment is operated and maintained according to manufacturer specifications, work performed meets safety requirements, and all maintenance workers follow appropriate federal and state safety guidelines. The specific duties of maintenance managers vary according to the specific industry or organization, but generally include creating and following preventive maintenance schedules, overseeing a staff of maintenance or custodial staff, and inspecting and testing equipment or building systems.
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Oversee and direct maintenance personnel, equipment installation, facilities equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
· Inspect and evaluate physical plant, grounds, and related equipment.
· Coordinate with outside contractors to perform activities, repairs, preventive maintenance on building equipment, and building and grounds appearance.
· Purchase and manage all related maintenance supplies and plant equipment repair parts for all equipment in facility.
· Other duties as assigned.
MUST have third class engineer license
Knowledge of general maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
· Knowledge of electrical and plumbing codes and maintenance requirements, (documentation, safety, required reporting, regulations, etc.)
· Knowledge of HVAC, including codes and maintenance requirements,(documentation, safety,required reporting, regulations, etc.)
· Knowledge of OSHA worksite and personal safety requirements.
· Knowledge of State or local governmental safety requirements.
· Professional communication skills (phone, interpersonal, written, verbal, etc.).
· Professional customer service skills.
· Knowledge of company policies, procedures and forms.
· Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
· Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
Company: Community Management Corporation
Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Full Time
Job Level: Management
Minimum Education: Must hold Third Class Engingeer License
Posted: September 26, 2019
Send resume to Heather McGeeney at email@example.com.
On Site Property Manager (4200 Cathedral Avenue Condominium)
We are looking for a smart, creative and personable leader to join our Condominium as the on-site Property Manager. This position is responsible for providing the overall supervision for this 11-story Condominium built in 1956. The Condominium has 183 units ranging from one bedroom to three bedrooms and is situated in a beautiful residential setting near Rock Creek park in upper Northwest Washington DC.
The Condominium has central HVAC and centrally metered utilities with long term contracts for electricity and natural gas. Our concierge/front desk, housekeeping, maintenance and yard services are provided under long standing contracts and our Management company collects the assessments and pays all bills. We are in a positive financial situation, low rates of arrears on assessments, well-funded reserves and timely payment of all bills. We also have long standing committees for Grounds, Housekeeping and Infrastructure which work closely with the Property Manager and board and aid on related matters.
The Property Manager will interact with internal and external customers and is expected to maintain a professional relationship with residents (homeowners & tenants), external vendors, board members and committee members, as well as on-site staff including concierge/front desk, housekeeping and maintenance. The Property Manager will provide overall administration for the efficient and orderly upkeep, appearance, operation and management of the property.
Duties include but not limited to:
Condominium Management and Reporting
• Supervise the operation and administration of the Condominium in accordance the Association’s policies and procedures.
• Act as the primary liaison with the Association Board of Directors and residents as needed.
• Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors and in accordance with the management agreement.
• Review monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the association Board of Directors.
• Monitor corporate and client delinquency rates and collections process for account portfolio.
• Monitor owner occupied and tenant occupied ratios and report on those statistics and make recommendations as needed.
• Attend monthly Board meetings per the management agreement and other meetings and community events as needed.
• Prepare Board packages according to established time frames.
• Ensure Board of Directors is aware of legal actions involving the Association.
• Responsible for management and oversight of concierge/front desk, maintenance and housekeeping staff including holding monthly staff meetings as contract provides.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the Association Board of Directors and committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired community appearance and operation.
• Responsible for routine and special project vendor management including procurement, contract review, project planning and management utilizing excel or other project management tools, and performance evaluation.
• Coordinate work of maintenance staff to address identified maintenance needs and handle emergency issues as they arise.
• Coordinate work of building engineer to maintain major systems.
• Coordinate with any project managers hired to oversee major infrastructure projects.
• Communicate with city officials on behalf of the Board regarding regulatory issues regarding the facilities and grounds.
• Assist Board of Directors with architectural review process for requested unit owner remodeling and monitor remodels for adherence to Association policy.
• Coordinate and/or oversee inspection of building facilities and/or common area and arrange appropriate follow up actions as required. Minimum of one walk through of the entire property every two weeks.
• Conduct inspections of individual condominium units upon resident move-in to ensure sufficient floor covering and verbally communicate our rules & regulations to all new owners and tenants.
• Assure all owner and resident contact info, email and mailing addresses are kept current.
• Maintain files including but not limited to: tenant leases, updates to rules & regulations on quarterly basis, Emotional Support and Service animal documentation and contractor/renovation documentation.
• Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the Association.
• Maintain C3 and Building Link (or similar tool) data bases, including updating resident information.
Communication and Enforcement
• Responsible for the fair enforcement of the Association’s rules & regulations including: documentation, warning letters, fines, escalation to Board when necessary and hearings.
• Provide relevant and timely communications in effective manner with residents.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) at an advanced level.
• Hands on experience working with communities/property/real estate and homeowners associations.
• Management of large infrastructure projects in multi-unit buildings.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to multitask, highly organized, and able to shift gears and prioritize as needed.
• Prior experience in and willingness to utilize conflict resolution techniques as needed.
• Ability to provide excellent customer service under pressure.
• Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and a team player.
• Critical and strategic mindset, ability to come up with new solutions and problem solve with minimal oversight.
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
• 5 plus years of on- site property management experience either in residential or commercial setting, certifications preferred.
• Must be able to be on-site Monday – Friday 9 am – 5 pm and overtime as needed.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this role, the Property Manager may need to travel from floor to floor, climb stairs, and may be required to travel outside in varying outdoor weather conditions.
Company: 4200 Cathedral Avenue Condominium
Location: Washington, D.C.
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Property Management
Minimum Education: BS Degree
Required Travel: Local travel may be required
Salary: $75,000 – $100,000 per year
Posted: September 18, 2019
Please send resume and cover letter to Jennifer King – firstname.lastname@example.org
Portfolio Manager (Sentry Management, Inc.)
Sentry Management is seeking a portfolio manager to provide services to Condominium and Homeowner Associations. Responsible for managing day-to-day community business operations with emphasis on timely and accurate communication, responsiveness, organization, customer service and follow up.
Qualified candidates will be proficient in the following:
• Act as liaison between Board of Directors, vendors, homeowners and staff
• Communicate with Board of Directors, vendors and owners
• Guide Board members regarding policies and procedures in accordance with State statutes and established Rules and Regulations
• Coordinate and attend Board and Annual Meetings
• Manage association finances including budgeting, AR, AP, reporting and financial tracking
• Produce Board packets, Management Reports, and Action Item Lists
• Be knowledgeable in contract analysis and vendor accountability practices
• Perform site visits for vendor oversight and administration and enforcement of covenants and architectural process
• Respond to e-mails and phone calls daily
• Experience in Community Association Management or similar customer service position
• Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Professional “bedside manner” and relevant sense of urgency
• Ability to multi-task
• Superior organization and action item tracking skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Good driving record
Generous benefits package. Licensed candidates preferred. Part-time applicants considered.
Company: Sentry Management, Inc.
Location: Annandale, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Industry: Community Association Management
Minimum Education: BA/BS or equivalent
Required Travel: Local
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted: September 18, 2019
Email cover letter, resume & references to email@example.com
Operations Director (Community Management Corporation - Associa)
The Operations Director oversees CMC’s operations services. This position directs various departments, such as accounting and financial review, budgeting, customer experience, employee experience, customer service, insurance services and sales of ancillary services and marketing. The Operations Director must ensure that CMC’s products and services meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring operations run efficiently and effectively. The Operations Director is involved in establishing sales and profit goals. Additional responsibilities include monitoring business transactions to ensure ethical and legal safety and compliance with environmental rules and regulations.
Duties for this position may include but not be limited to:
· Monitor and manage operational costs
· Ensure financial data is provided to clients consistently on a monthly basis
· Make personnel decisions regarding hiring, compensation, promotions, discipline and termination of operational support staff in accordance with company policies.
· Research new lines of business
· Manage the day-to-day operations of:
o insurance sales and renewals
o customer service center
o architectural review and covenants
o client transitions in and out of CMC
o Associa and CAI education and training
o distribution of HOA governing documents.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
o Knowledge of sales, operations, and/or underwriting management.
o Knowledge of company budget and monthly performance reporting (DVR) proficiency.
o Knowledge of applicable state statutes associated with insurance coverages and resales documentation.
o Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn, all Associa operating systems and programs preferred.
o Outstanding communication skills, spoken and written (grammar, structure, punctuation, spelling, etc.) at an expert level.
o Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly learn, Associa policies, procedures and forms at an expert level.
o Knowledge of conflict resolution techniques at an expert level.
o Able to lead a team of professionals to deliverable standards with a goal of increasing levels of excellence.
o Project management of personnel and building maintenance at an expert level.
o Self-motivated, proactive, detail oriented and able to work and lead in a team-oriented environment.
o Professional customer service skills and oversite of employees.
o Time management and time critical prioritization skills.
Education and Experience
o Bachelor’s Degree Required
o Master’s Degree Preferred
o 7 – 10 years of directly related or closely related experience
o 5– 7 years of Management and/or Supervisory experience
Certifications or Licenses
o CAI accreditations of CMCA, AMS, PCAM preferred
Company: Community Management Corporation – Associa
Location: Chantilly, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: Bachelors Degree
Required Travel: Some travel required.
Posted: August 28, 2019
Send email with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.