SATURDAY, APRIL 10, 2021
Planning efforts for the 2021 WMCCAI Potomac Watershed Clean-Up Day initiative are underway! The WMCCAI Potomac Watershed Clean-Up Day is scheduled for April 10, 2021.
Our goal each year is to match site leaders with our CAI communities that are interested in participating in the clean-up project. The deadline to finalize the clean-up sites for the 2021 Potomac Watershed Clean-Up Day is March 14, 2021. Communities that are interested in serving as clean-up sites should email Potomac Watershed Clean-Up Working Group Co-Leaders Elisabeth Kirk and Valerie Irons to get further information about registering a site.
Join the Washington Metro Chapter Community Associations Institute as we do our part to clean up the Potomac Watershed and positively impact the communities where we work and live.
Please volunteer and make this event a success! Pre-registration is required. There is limited space available at each site. Following local guidelines, social distancing will be in place and masks will be required.
Locations: Various locations in the Washington Metro DC Area. Site can be chosen during the registration process. See preliminary locations already organized below.
- Accotink Creek Westmore/Fairfax City, Fairfax, VA 22030. Meet by the creek at Woodland Street and Hallman Street about 250 ft. from Main Street.
- Cascades Community Association, meeting at The Stone House Community Center, 20670 Fernbank Court, Potomac Falls, VA 20165
- Daventry Community Association, 7721 Painted Daisy Drive, Springfield, VA 22152
- Dunbarton Community Association, meeting at the Clubhouse at 9600 Craighill Drive, Bristow, Virginia 20136
- Featherstone Station Homeowners Association & Condominium, meeting at the Clubhouse, 14675 May Oaks Ct, Woodbridge, VA 22191
- Potomac Shores Community, meeting at Potomac Shores Clubhouse, 1801 Potomac Shores Pkwy, Dumfries, VA 22026
- Sully Station II Community Association, Centreville, VA 20120. Rt 29 to Stone Road to Sully Park Drive
- The Preserve at Goose Creek led by Level Green Landscaping, 42500 Julia Street, Ashburn, VA 20148
- Riverside Estates Civic Association, 3115 Battersea Lane, Alexandria, VA 22309
- Parks of Piedmont, meeting at the Clubhouse, 6701 Abberley Loop, Gainesville, VA 20155
- Union Mills Community Association Cleanup led by FirstService Residential, 13550 Ruddy Duck Rd, Clifton, VA 20124
- Ashmore at Germantown, 13500 Carlow Point Circle, Germantown, MD 20874
- Fairwood Community Association, The Sycamore Club, 12600 Fairwood Pkwy, Bowie, MD 20720
- Oak Creek Club led by Community Association Management Professionals. Meeting at the Oak Creek Club Swim & Tennis Center, 14501 Mary Bowie Pkwy, Upper Marlboro MD 20774
- The Preserve at Piscataway Homeowners Association, 2800 St. Mary’s View Road, Accokeek, MD 2060
- East Hayes Tributary, 852 Avery Road, Rockville, MD 20851
- Poplar Run Community Association, the parking lot at Stargazer Lane, Silver Spring, MD 20906
- Indian Creek Trail Cleanup at Greenbelt Station, Greenbelt, MD 20770. Parking on Greenbelt Station Pkwy. Meet at the Community Park Amphitheater between South Center and North Center Drives.
- Urbana Highlands Homeowners Association, meeting at the Urbana Highlands HOA pool house parking lot, 9651 Royal Crest Drive, Frederick, MD 21704
- The Cathedral Avenue Cooperative, Inc., 4101 Cathedral Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20016
For more information contact:
ABOUT THE ALICE FERGUSON FOUNDATIONThe Alice Ferguson Foundation was established in 1954 as a non-profit organization chartered in the state of Maryland. The Alice Ferguson Foundation’s educational programs unite students, educators, park rangers, communities, regional organizations, and government agencies throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to promote the environmental sustainability of the Potomac River watershed.
MissionThe Alice Ferguson Foundation’s mission is to connect people to the natural world, sustainable agricultural practices, and the cultural heritage of their local watershed through education, stewardship, and advocacy.
Thank you to Lauren Ritter, Esq. with Chadwick, Washington, Moriarty, Elmore & Bunn, P.C. for preparing this 2020 map! We are looking forward to adding many more sites to the map in 2021!
Thank you to our “Friends of the Watershed” 2021 Sponsors:
Share Event Flyer with Colleagues, Clients & Friends!
“Friends of the Watershed” Sponsorships Available!
Sponsorship provides refreshments for the volunteers in addition to signage at each site.
"Friends of the Watershed" Sponsor
- Recognition on all promotional materials
- Recognition on event page on website