SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2020
Register now to participate in this year’s annual Potomac Watershed Clean-up Day!
Join the Washington Metro Chapter Community Associations Institute as we do our part to clean up the Potomac Watershed and positively impact the communities where we work and live.
Please volunteer and make this event a success! Pre-registration is required. There is limited space available at each site. Following local guidelines, social distancing will be in place and masks will be required.
Locations: Various locations in the Washington Metro DC Area. Site can be chosen during the registration process. See preliminary locations already organized below.
- Cascades Community Association, Quarterpath Community Center, 20430 Quarterpath Trace Circle, Sterling, VA 20165
- Potomac Shores Community, Potomac Shores Clubhouse, 1801 Potomac Shores Pkwy, Dumfries, VA 22026
- Riverside Park, Fort Hunt, VA 22308
- Daventry Community Association, 7721 Painted Daisy Drive, Springfield, VA 22152
- First River Farms, Arlington, Alexandria, VA 22306 Email for meetup location.
- Riverside Community, 14120 Big Crest Lane, Woodbridge, VA 22191
- Broadlands Association, 21907 Claiborne Pkwy, Broadlands, VA 20148
- Potomac Falls, 2180 Potomac Pkwy, Woodbridge, VA 22191
- Riverside Estates, 8346 Orange Court, Alexandria, VA 22309
- East Hayes Tributary at Rock Creek, 852 Avery Rd, Rockville, MD 20851
- Glen Echo Park, 7300 Macarthur Blvd, Glen Echo, MD 20812 (main parking lot is on Oxford Road)
- Fairwood Community Association at The Sycamore Club, 12600 Fairwood Pkwy, Bowie, MD 20720
- Oak Creek Club, Oak Creek Club Swim & Tennis Center, 14501 Mary Bowie Pkwy, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
- Ashmore at Germantown, 13500 Carlow Point Circle, Germantown, MD 20874
For more information contact:
ABOUT THE ALICE FERGUSON FOUNDATIONThe Alice Ferguson Foundation was established in 1954 as a non-profit organization chartered in the state of Maryland. The Alice Ferguson Foundation’s educational programs unite students, educators, park rangers, communities, regional organizations, and government agencies throughout the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to promote the environmental sustainability of the Potomac River watershed.
MissionThe Alice Ferguson Foundation’s mission is to connect people to the natural world, sustainable agricultural practices, and the cultural heritage of their local watershed through education, stewardship, and advocacy.
Thank you to Lauren Ritter, Esq. with Chadwick, Washington, Moriarty, Elmore & Bunn, P.C. for preparing this map! We are looking forward to adding many more sites to the map as well! For further information, please be sure to join us at our next Potomac Watershed Committee meeting at the WMCCAI Chapter office. Click here to view upcoming calendar of events and meeting dates.