Join WMCCAI volunteers as we spend an afternoon at the Capital Area Food Bank. The mission of the Capital Area Food Bank is to feed those who suffer from hunger in the Washington metro area by acquiring food and distributing it through its network of partner agencies; and educating, empowering and enlightening the community about the issues of hunger and nutrition. The food bank distributes 45 million pounds of food annually, equivalent to 37.5 million meals.
- You can learn more about CAFB here: www.capitalareafoodbank.org
- Waiver form for volunteering is required.
- Click here to view Instructions & FAQ sheet.
- All volunteer slots have been released back to CAFB so that general volunteers can sign up for remaining slots. Visit the CAFB webpage to confirm if there are any remaining spots and to sign up.
- If you miss signing up through WMCCAI for either shift, please check the CAFB website to sign up directly with the Food Bank.
- If you can’t volunteer in person but would like to help, click here for further information and to donate!