Welcome to the insider’s source for community association employment within the Washington metropolitan area.
If you are seeking local talent in the community association industry, you’ve come to the right place. List your job opening with WMCCAI and find your next superstar employee. Online postings are easy to set up. Simply click on the link below to access the online form. Please complete the form and submit your position. Positions are listed for 30 day. Upgrade your listing to reach even more candidates by having your listing placed in Quorum magazine, which reaches approximately 3,200 industry professionals.
Basic Listing ($50):
- Job listing online for 30 days
Premium Listing ($100):
- Highlighted Job listing online for 30 days
- Job listed in Quorum magazine
Click here to POST YOUR JOB
Assistant General Manager (The Towers Condominium)
The Assistant General Manager (Asst GM) reports to the General Manager (GM) in a subordinate capacity. He/She must be able to assume the duties of the GM in his/her absence. The Asst GM must display exceptional interpersonal skills, be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and accurately and efficiently conduct office and operating operations. Human resources management is a critical aspect of this job. The Asst GM is one of the primary communicators with the community acting as the Management’s lead Customer Service Representative, which requires diplomacy and professionalism at all times. The position co-supervises a staff of 22 positions including a 24-hour front desk, valet services, security staff, an accountant, a management operations representative, an executive assistant and all office operations. This position maintains significant interaction with residents in person, by telephone or e-mail by providing prompt, helpful, courteous and professional assistance on the broad range of activities and services required at The Towers. The Assistant GM serves as the liaison between the General Manager, residents, delivery companies, contractors and the general public. The Asst GM is responsible for general office duties, telephone traffic, office decorum, maintaining the office files, inspections of the property, and for addressing resident and the general public concerns. The Asst GM must maintain ongoing communications with the GM by advising of complaints, suggestions, and requests and report any other information regarding the operation of the property.
Education: Undergraduate Degree
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Management
Industry: Residential Property Management
Company Name: The Towers Condominium
Location: Washington, D.C. N.W.
Required Travel: n/a
Posted: January 15, 2019
Salary range: $70,000 – $75,000
Please send resume with contact information to Stephen DeSimone at sdesimone@Towersca.org
Manager (The Columbia Residences Condominium)
The Manager is the sole employee of The Columbia, and as such is responsible for all activity in the building and grounds. The Manager is responsible for carrying out the policies and directions of the Board of Directors and reports directly to its President.
In carrying out his duties, the Manager acts through, consults with and obtains recommendations from his leadership team and the Columbia Residences Board. The Manager’s leadership team consists of a full time Assistant Manager, Chief Engineer, Front Desk and Security Supervisor, Housekeeping Supervisor. Except for the Manager, all members of the leadership team and their staff are contracted resources. The total number of contracted staff is approximately 23 full time and part time resources.
A. Contracted staff:
- Responsible for general supervision of leadership team and contracted staff and the vendors providing contracted staff.
- Assure necessary staffing coverage and efficient scheduling of work.
- Assures that all services provided by staff is carried out promptly and efficiently in such areas as engineering, building and grounds, cleaning, repair of all public spaces, package distribution, and security.
- The Manager shall establish a 24-hour by 7-day management on call list and share on call responsibilities with other approved team members.
B. Buildings and Grounds Operations:
- Manages allotted budget within established budget approved by the Board of Directors.
- For projects funded from reserves, obtains competitive bids from 3 contractors and recommend who should be selected to perform the work to the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for scheduling and supervising the provision of contracted services, such as landscaping, snow removal, trash collection, air conditioning, heating, water, elevators, compactor, electrical, telephone systems, plumbing, painting, plastering and utilities contracts.
- Inspects contractors’ work in progress and completed work with appropriate leadership team members.
C. Other Responsibilities:
- Reviews and authorizes purchase requests. Approves all bills for payment and assigns account numbers.
- Conducts daily inspections of buildings and grounds, alternating with the Assistant Manager.
- Recommends changes to improve the appearance and operating efficiency of the Columbia Residences to the Board.
- Is responsible for working with The Columbia Residences’ contracted insurance agent to maintain adequate insurance coverage for fire, theft, property damage.
- Provides unit owners with information on the Associations responsibilities vs the unit owner’s responsibilities
- Keeps current with municipal laws and regulations and responsible for compliance. Examples are those relating to fire regulations, building code requirements, trash handling, water metering, real estate tax assessment and billing, etc…
- Coordinates the resolution of issues between the commercial spaces and residential owners with assistance from the Commercial Board members. Handles all details of property management. Coordinates the provision of day to day service needs of commercial tenants through leadership team.
D. Relations with Board:
The Manager works under the general supervision of the Board President and within the budget, policies and directives of The Board of Directors. Generally, works independently but is expected to bring problems and other matters requiring additional consideration to the attention of the President, Board members or appropriate Committee Chair.
Education: Professional Community Association Manager (PCAM) certification, college degree, and 5-7 years manager experience preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Management
Industry: Community Management
Company Name: The Columbia Residences Condominium
Location: 2425 L Street NW, Washington, D.C. 20037
Required Travel: None
Posted: December 11, 2018
Salary range: $130,000 – $150,000
Please send resume with contact information to Mark Budd at email@example.com.
Onsite Community Manager (National Realty Partners, LLC)
Education: College Degree preferred, not required
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Management
Industry: Common Interest Community Management
Location: New Bristow Village Homeowners Association, Bristow, VA
Required Travel: This is an on-site general manager position. Minimal travel. Mileage will be reimbursed.
Posted: December 3, 2018
Salary range: $64,000 – $78,000
Please forward resume to Crystal Partin, PCAM, CMCA, AMS via email at CPartin@NRPartnersLLC.com
Maintenance Tech (CFM Management Services)
Residential condominium in Northwest DC seeking an experienced maintenance technician. This position is responsible for performing a variety of tasks including:
• Minor Electrical
• Minor Plumbing
• Drywall Repairs
• General Maintenance
• Responding to after-hours emergency calls
You you must be able to work independently, be customer-service oriented, and possess good time management, communication, and basic computer skills. Previous maintenance experience at a residential property desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Mid Career
Industry: Building Maintenance
Salary range: Competitive wage plus benefits – Medical and dental coverage, life, LTD and ADD insurance.
Posted: January 18, 2019
Please send resume to JBridges@CFMManagement.com
General Manager (Fairfax County)
Fairfax County Condominium Association is seeking a highly skilled and experienced General Manager to oversee day to day operations. The community is comprised of 980 townhome and condominium units spreading over 56 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds near Old Town Alexandria.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
• Supervise the operation and administration of the Association in accordance with the Association’s governing documents, policies and procedures.
• Acts as or oversee the primary liaison with the Association Board of Directors and homeowners as needed.
• Perform/Direct administrative and management duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
. • Ensure that community management tools are being effectively developed and utilized such as annual calendar, action item list, resolution worksheets, timed agendas, RFP matrixes, committee charters, procurement procedures, FY operating budget, etc.
• Review monthly financial reports and ensure management summary is submitted to the association Board of Directors.
• Provide and/or oversee recommendations to the Association Board of Directors and committees regarding major capital expenditures as required to maintain the desired community appearance and operation.
• Monitor delinquency rates and collections process..
• Attend Board and Committee meetings and community events as necessary.
• Prepare and deliver Board packages according to established time frames.
• Ensure Board of Directors is aware of legal actions involving the Association.
• Maintain unit and contract files relating to the operations of the Association.
• Assist Board of Directors/ARB with architectural review process and/or routine inspections as necessary.
Education: PCAM preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Management
Salary range: Negotiable based on level of experience.
Posted: December 6, 2018
Email your current resume along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
General Manager (River Creek Owners Association)
River Creek is a gorgeous community located in Loudoun County near Leesburg (www.rivercreekva.com). It is situated on the banks of the Potomac River surrounding the River Creek Golf Club. The Homeowners’ Association is responsible for the administration of 1132 homes and extensive common areas that enhance the living experience in River Creek. This includes a historic park at the confluence of the Potomac River and Goose Creek, natural areas with an emphasis on environmental stewardship and homes ranging from luxurious single family to exclusive townhomes. River Creek is a affable yet stimulating place to work.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for the successful operation of the Association and execution of the long-term strategy. This includes all aspects of operations, administration, Human Resources and financial management.
Beyond the primary responsibilities, the duties which make up a successful General Manager are:
• Create and maintain positive relations with the Board of Directors, committees, owners and external contacts
• Ensure that operations are implemented in an orderly and cost effective manner
• Supervise and perform, as required, administrative tasks for the Association to achieve a well functioning office
• Prepare comprehensive Board of Directors material so that decision making is effected with complete information on all topics
• Provide support for all committees to ensure their success directly or through staff support as appropriate
• Communicate regularly with the Board of Directors and residents to ensure timely information is disseminated
• Develop and train employees with cross training on various tasks to ensure outstanding service, staff growth and stability of operations
• Prepare RFPs and manage vendors in accordance with contracts approved by the Board of Directors
• Act as project manager for capital projects so they are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with design specifications
• Interact with the financial servces provider so the financial results of the association are accurate, correctly reported and in accordance with financial principals. Assure reserve and capital accounts are reported accurately
• Prepare the Association’s annual budget and coordinate with the Finance Committee for timely approval in accord with the Bylaws
• Coordinate with legal council, when required, on topics related to governance and financial direction
• Adhere to the technology path specified by the Board of Directors
• Work with vendors, committees, police department and residents to maintain security within the community
• Develop ongoing relations with outside constituencies such as Loudoun County, the town of Leesburg, environmental agencies, the Sheriff’s Department and other agencies which might impact River Creek
• Participate actively in CAI and WMCCAI to share best practices of successful associations with the River Creek community
• Carry out other duties as defined by the Board of Directors in accordance with changes as the association advances.
Education and Professional Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized institution
• 5+ years experience in association management
• CMCA and AMS required, PCAM designation a plus
• Superb communication and writing skills
• High degree of skill in the areas of organization, balancing multiple activities and priority setting
• Able to demonstrate good judement in all areas of operations and association management
• Proven record of leadership and staff development
• Knowledgeable in computer systems and social media
• Desire to improve operations and ability to communicate concepts
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you have the background and desire to work in an interesting yet challenging environment, forward your resume to email@example.com.
Posted Date: January 15, 2019
Office Manager & Program Assistant (WMCCAI)
The Office Manager & Program Assistant position at WMCCAI is a professional part-time position with responsibility for managing office operations and to provide support to the Executive Director and program managers, particularly with communications, event registration, and membership. As a valuable member of our team, the position holder will be exposed to a broad range of duties relating to the operations of the association including but not limited to educational programming, networking events, publications and customer service.
This position performs a variety of support duties that require attention to detail and strong writing and editing skills. Must be creative and enjoy working in a mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and be focused on customer service at all times.
- This position requires hours between 9 am – 5 pm on weekdays. Specific schedule will be coordinated with Executive Director.
- 20-25 hours weekly. During major event times, hours could increase temporarily.
Programs and Registration Support
- Provide support in publication editing and social media management to Communications Manager.
- Manage data entry of event and education session registrations.
- Production of registration material to include material packets and badges.
- Coordinate member records updates with Membership Coordinator.
- Create and send correspondence to members and non-members.
- Schedule and calendar support to the Executive Director.
- Primary contact for office vendors and building staff.
- Responsible for placing maintenance and repair calls as necessary for computer equipment, phones, postage meter, copy machine, postage machine, and others office equipment.
- Performs general office tasks such as filing, copying, correspondence, and ordering office supplies.
- Provides office orientation to new employees on administration procedures.
- Greet members and guests to the office.
- Primary point of contact for all phone calls to the office and directs calls to appropriate staff and/or CAI or other resource.
- Reviews incoming e-mail communication daily in general mailbox; forwards emails to appropriate staff or replies appropriately.
- Checks general voicemail system daily; forwards messages to appropriate staff or replies appropriately.
- May assist staff with other administrative duties and special projects, as needed, with approval of Executive Director.
- Associates Degree or at least 2 years office experience
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Interest in non-profit association management
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management skills, and communication skills.
- Detail oriented person, with need for minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple overlapping duties with accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Skill in solving problems and making recommendations.
- Strong customer service skills, desire to assist members, and ability to work with volunteers.
- Ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends to staff program offerings, if and as needed.
- Physical ability to move moderately heavy materials.
Notes: Hourly pay of $13-$15, based on experience.
Interested individuals must submit cover letter and resume. In the cover letter, please indicate if there is a specific schedule you need. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org.