Welcome to the insider’s source for community association employment within the Washington metropolitan area.
If you are seeking local talent in the community association industry, you’ve come to the right place. List your job opening with WMCCAI and find your next superstar employee. Online postings are easy to set up. Simply click on the link below to access the online form. Please complete the form and submit your position. Positions are listed for 30 day. Upgrade your listing to reach even more candidates by having your listing placed in Quorum magazine, which reaches approximately 3,200 industry professionals.
Basic Listing ($50):
- Job listing online for 30 days
Premium Listing ($100):
- Highlighted Job listing online for 30 days
- Job listed in Quorum magazine
Click here to POST YOUR JOB
Insurance Agent/Account Executive (John Manougian Insurance Agency, Inc.)
John Manougian Insurance Agency is looking for a go-getter to join its fast-paced agency in downtown Silver Spring, MD. The right candidate will ideally hold a license in Property and Casualty Insurance. Knowledge of community associations is a plus. The position includes inside and outside sales, and requires the ability to communicate effectively with our clients who are community managers and condominium, cooperative, and homeowners association board members. We offer paid health insurance and parking, and a comfortable work environment.
Required Travel: minimal; agents typically attend board meetings in the District, Maryland and Virginia.
Posted: June 13, 2018
Location: 8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 204, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Position Title: Insurance Agent/Account Executive
Company Name: John Manougian Insurance Agency, Inc.
Job Level: Mid Career
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Education: Preferably licensed in Property and Casualty Insurance
Salary: Negotiable based on Experience
To Apply: Serious applicants may mail a resume and cover letter to:
John Manougian Insurance Agency, Inc.
8720 Georgia Avenue, Suite 204
Silver Spring, MD 20910
No phone calls, please.
Condominium General Manager (Condominium Association)
The General Manager is responsible for the overall property operations, appearance and the satisfaction of both owners and residents. This person will establish a relationship with the Association’s Board of Directors and ensure the Association’s compliance with the State Condominium Act.
This is a position for an individual who routinely exercises good judgment and exceptional problem solving skills. As the face of the community, maintaining positivity and diplomacy in a fast-paced environment is critical. The manager is accountable to the Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintain a relationship with the Board of Directors, residents, owners, employees, Management Company and vendors.
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure adherence to all applicable policies, and procedures.
- Possess strong communication skills and be available to attend monthly Board meetings and actively participate in resident events. This may involve working in the evening and/or weekends as needed. Attend and prepare for annual meeting.
- Keep current with condominium laws, practices, and procedures, and City of Gaithersburg.
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action
- Exercise a positive attitude and remain professional under all circumstances
- Must be familiar with the overall management of a condominium community
- Understand financial goals
- Prepare of the annual budget in a timely and accurate manner
- Provide oversight for vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance
- Work with Management Company on all accounting and payment reports.
- Maintains petty cash
- Meets with insurance broker at least once a year to discuss and obtain appropriate coverage. Reviews and approves all payments to vendors.
- Monitors all financial reports.
- Collects receivables in conjunction with an attorney to assure that liens, suits and judgments are obtained.
Daily Operations and Customer Experience:
- Respond to escalated owners and residents’ inquiries, concerns and issues and resolve them in an orderly fashion.
- Ensures the confidentiality and maintenance of all important documents from owners, tenants, residents and lawyers
- Prepare packages and mail outs for the Board of Directors and residents for upcoming meetings and assists with the financial and management reports
- Manage the Association turnover process
- Prepare quarterly newsletter with help from the assistant
- Support property in effective updates of Community Website
- Routine inspections to ensure community appearance meets standards in regards to safety, cleanliness, and landscaping
- Employs and dismisses all the personnel necessary for the maintenance and operation of the common elements
- Supervises all employees
- Determines job assignments and schedules.
- Prepares performance reviews.
- Inspects all building and ground. Monitors all maintenance activity. Takes action to correct problems observed.
- Makes all repairs, additions, replacements and improvements to or alterations of the common elements in accordance with the other provisions of the bylaws after damage or destruction by fire or other casualty.
- Is present on the property during emergency situations, such as broken pipes, fire and flood and snow removal.
- Via purchase order system, purchases all items necessary for property operations and maintenance. Any purchase that exceeds guidelines established requires prior approval by the Board of Directors. Obtains three proposals to be submitted to the Board prior to the end of contracts.
- Negotiates and monitors all contracts with material and service vendors.
- Brief new residents, providing copies of Rules and Regulations and all appropriate forms.
- Keeps lines of communication open between and among all unit owners, standing committees and Board of Director members.
- Other duties to be assigned by the Board of Directors.
- Creates and maintains files of Condominium business. Among such files would be Personnel, Correspondence, Payroll, Time sheets, Workmen’s Comp., Insurance, Vendors/Contractors, Board of Directors, Roster of Unit Owners, etc.
- Maintains logs of site inspections, maintenance and others as appropriate.
- Is familiar with all legal documents, the Property Offering Statement, the Maryland Condominium Act, the Condominium Bylaws and Rules and Regulations, as well as City of Gaithersburg Ordinances and Regulations.
- Attends the Covenants and Building and Grounds meetings.
Education: A Post-Secondary Education is desired.
Experience: A minimum of five to ten (5-10) years of relevant management experience in condominium property management
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Outlook
Knowledge of basic accounting skills
Communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
Attention to detail
Problem solving skills
Team player but can work independently
Posted: June 26, 2018
Please send resume to email@example.com.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Avenel Community Association)
A homeowner’s association responsible for the oversight and maintenance of approximately 900 luxury homes requires a Receptionist/Administrative Assistant to work in its on -site Potomac, MD offices. A successful candidate will be extremely customer service oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible with the ability to multi-task, enjoy working as part of a dedicated team and daily interaction with residents.
The position involves a variety of administrative duties. These will include, but are not limited to, answering a 4-line telephone system and responding to resident inquiries, providing support to the General Manager and office staff; meeting & greeting homeowners, visitors, and contractors; filing; sorting mail; photocopying; updating the website; and maintaining Association records, amongst other general office duties. Training will be provided to equip the position with the necessary office and software skills for the association.
Applicants are required to have a high school or college diploma and be proficient in speaking and writing the English language. Applicants must possess good computer skills and have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Applicants should have at least 2 years of experience in an office environment.
Health benefits, including paid vacation and sick leave are available. Salary/Compensation is dependent on experience.
Posted: July 10, 2018
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Potomac, Maryland
Industry: Homeowner Association
Minimum Education: High School Diploma
Required Travel: none
All interested applicants should forward their salary requirements, cover letter, and resume to:
ATTN: Jenna Hnath
(fax) 301-299-7169 (or)
Assistant General Manager (Arlington Oaks Condominiums)
Garden style condominium community in Arlington, VA seeks a motivated and energetic Assistant Manager. In this interactive and dynamic role, you will work alongside the General Manager in the day to day operation of property, including supervision of the management office staff (Administrative Assistant, Maintenance Chief, and Maintenance Assistants) in the General Manager’s absence. Other responsibilities include oversight of house rules administration and resident services and updating and maintaining the resident database system. Participates with the Manager in accomplishing tasks or attending to issues presented at the monthly Board meetings and provides support to the Board of Directors. Attendance at the monthly Board meetings and the occasional coverage of Saturday office hours are required. On-site experience and CMCA designation preferred.
Posted: July 16, 2018
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Arlington, VA
Industry: Community Management
Please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operations Coordinator (WMCCAI)
Washington Metropolitan Chapter Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI) is looking for an operations coordinator. This is a multi-functional professional position with responsibility for managing office operations and to provide high quality support to the Executive Director and program managers, particularly with communications, event registration, and data entry. As a valuable member of our team, the position holder will be exposed to a broad range of duties relating to educational seminars, networking events and Chapter publications.
The Operations Coordinator performs a variety of routine and complex support duties that require attention to detail and strong writing and editing skills. Must be creative and enjoy working in a mission-driven, results-driven and community-oriented environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and be focused on customer service at all times.
Programs and Registration Support
- Communications: Assist with promotion and marketing of events through editing e-newsletters and marketing emails, general website updates and social media posts, provide support in publication editing to Communications Manager.
- Education Support: Assist Education Manager with speaker and sponsor communications, reviewing materials, on-site administration for education sessions as needed.
- Events Support: Assist Events Manager in administrative tasks related to chapter events (particularly annual conference and major events), assist with providing on-site administration for Chapter events including occasional evening and weekend programs.
- Manage data entry of event and education session registrations.
- Production of registration material to include material packets and badges.
- Coordinate member records updates with Membership Coordinator.
- Create and send correspondence to members and non-members.
- Schedule and calendar support to the Executive Director.
- Primary contact for office vendors and building staff.
- Responsible for placing maintenance and repair calls as necessary for computer equipment, phones, postage meter, copy machine, postage machine, and others office equipment.
- Performs general office tasks such as filing, copying, correspondence, and ordering office supplies.
- Provides office orientation to new employees on administration procedures.
- Greet members and guests to the office.
- Primary point of contact for all phone calls to the office and directs calls to appropriate staff and/or CAI or other resource.
- Reviews incoming e-mail communication daily in general mailbox; forwards emails to appropriate staff or replies appropriately.
- Checks general voicemail system daily; forwards messages to appropriate staff or replies appropriately.
- May assist staff with other administrative duties and special projects, as needed, with approval of Executive Director.
- Bachelors degree or at least 3 years office experience
- Proficient at Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Excellent time management and interpersonal skills
- Interest in non-profit association management
Notes: Salary is commensurate with experience. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is recognized that job duties may change over time, based on the association’s needs. This advertisement does not attempt to list all essential functions of this position.
Interested individuals must submit cover letter and resume. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Please submit complete applications to email@example.com.