Welcome to the Washington Metropolitan Community Associations Institute(WMCCAI) employment section. Here you can view our current job openings.
Why choose WMCCAI?
As a nonprofit organization, Washington Metropolitan Chapter Community Associations Institute’s mission is to optimize the operations of community associations and foster value for our business partners. WMCCAI’s 3,000 members span more than 80 cities and counties and include 1,600 homeowners, 1,000 community association managers, 100 community association management firms, and 300 other companies that serve community associations in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Current Job Openings
Marketing & Communications Manager and Editor
Washington Metropolitan Chapter Community Associations Institute (WMCCAI) is seeking a marketing extraordinaire to lead the association’s publications and event marketing efforts. This position serves as the editor of our monthly magazine and is responsible for marketing chapter programs/events and the creation of promotional materials.
The Marketing and Communications Manager and Editor needs excellent writing skills, creative marketing ideas for social media as well as traditional print and web platforms, and experience managing multiple vendors and volunteer committees. Graphic design skills a plus but proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite is a must. To be successful in this position, the candidate must have excellent time management skills, be a self-starter and a collaborative team member. This position has high member contact and works closely with all staff and chapter leadership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages all editorial and production aspects of a monthly 40-page magazine including maintaining production schedule, story list, and editorial calendar.
- Serve as editor of the magazine editing copy for style, accuracy, clarity, and appropriateness; write copy as needed including Chapter news and editorial comment; proofreads all publications
- Supervises all publication production for other Chapter materials including brochures, marketing mail pieces, and annual Resource Guide.
- Manages marketing and magazine budgets.
- Solicits display and classified advertisers for chapter publications.
- Creates promotional materials for chapter events and programs.
- Works with chapter program staff to promote chapter events and programs
- Updates the chapter website as needed and works with website design vendor to implement new features.
- Serves as staff liaison to magazine editorial committee and coordinate with staff on all chapter committee marketing needs.
- Education: Bachelors degree or equivalent professional designation(s)
- Experience: Five years with at least three years of responsibility for marketing and writing in an association. Small staff experience a plus.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include salary expectations. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Washington Metropolitan Chapter Community Associations Institute, a 501(c)(6) organization, is the largest of CAI’s 62 U.S. and international chapters with more than 3,100 members, seven staff, and a $1.5 million budget. Our members include community association leaders and residents, community managers, community association management firms, and companies who provide products and services to community associations. WMCCAI hosts over 24 education and networking events each year, including a large regional trade show. For more information about WMCCAI, visit our website at www.caidc.org.